The talented crew put in another day at the studio .
Today they worked on the “L” shaped Venetian plaster wall with the Thai pebble inset panel.
After today I suppose I should stop calling it the Venetian plaster wall because I have decided to use a completely different product .
We’ll be using a product called American Clay
The look is the same when burnished and hand waxed but the content of the materials that is mixed together is very different.
In Venetian plaster we use a special type of hydraulic lime.
With the American Clay mixture there is no lime included in the mix.
I like that this product is eco friendly but the price was a bit out of my range, even with my contractor discount.
To cover a mere 140 square feet it cost $ 230 in raw materials alone, and I didn’t even purchase the special milk glue.
That is a pretty penny for such a small area.
I don’t think we will be veneering the planter box walls with the same product.
I think we will go with regular tinted stucco .
Below are the two inset panels for the shower wall.
We are using a hand carved stone tile that I purchased in Bali last year to set into one of the wall panels.
The other panel will have the shower head, which is ‘ huge’ ! ( guess all this rainy weather is getting to me ! )
Tweaking a Good Garden
1 day ago