Sunday, December 7, 2008

San Francisco Japanese Tea Garden

I had the opportunity to wander through the S.F. Japanese Garden located in Golden Gate Park yesterday.
It was late in the day as well as chilly, grey and overcast, but I had a delightful stroll through the garden.

One of the front facade gates on Tea Garden Drive
From SF Japanese Garden


A detail of the roof eave
From SF Japanese Garden


A large Buddha in the garden with the setting sun illuminating the foliage of a Ginko tree beyond

From SF Japanese Garden


View over th pond
From SF Japanese Garden


The red pagoda
From SF Japanese Garden


A Japanese Maple twisting in the landscape
From SF Japanese Garden


From SF Japanese Garden

3 comments:

Jon said...

Such a treat to visit your blog again and feast my eyes on your excellent photos. This post about the Tea Garden gave me a happy flashback to the exciting summer I spent in S.F. many years ago just before I graduated from college. I loved Golden Gate Park and my favorite place in it was the Tea Garden. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season and all the best in the new year.
Jon at Mississippi Garden blog

Deviant Deziner, aka Michelle said...

Nice to hear from you Jon,
Happy Holidays to you too !

Michelle

Garrett Sawyer said...

Did you know that the 5 tiers of roofing on the pagoda represent the 5 elements? I didn't know that until just a few months ago. =P