Friday, May 21, 2010

Outdoor Living

BBQ season is upon us.


Memorial day is just around the corner, which traditionally signals the beginning of summer.

Outdoor bbqs , dining alfresco and warm nights with sumptuous libations are in our future !


Picture below are a few scenes of outdoor entertainment areas that we have designed and installed over the past few years in Northern California .


Photo by Lee Anne White

From Outdoor Kitchens and Dining areas


From Pool and Garden Project - The Napa Valley


Photo by Lee Anne White

From Outdoor Kitchens and Dining areas


From Outdoor Kitchens and Dining areas


From Outdoor Kitchens and Dining areas


From Outdoor Kitchens and Dining areas


Photo by Lee Anne White

From Outdoor Kitchens and Dining areas


Evening cocktails anyone ?

From Outdoor Kitchens and Dining areas


From Outdoor Kitchens and Dining areas


From Outdoor Kitchens and Dining areas


From Pina Colada

7 comments:

danger garden said...

Please take no offense but I just don't like the over-done (my opinion) outdoor kitchen thing. A bbq is great but a full on kitchen? Why do I want to stick that in my garden? My favorite picture is the last one. Now that looks welcoming!

Desert Dweller said...

Amen! Thanks for sharing that anyone can have something more appealing than sitting in a hyper-air conditioned restaurant at night, or for morning coffee. Only takes good design and smart clients...

Stone Art's Blog said...

One of the things I would love to have in my garden in and outdoor kitchen. Unfortunately we just don't get the weather here in Ireland to make it worth while.

Deviant Deziner, aka Michelle said...

Loree,
No offense is taken.
Different strokes for different folks.
I'd love to have a beautiful outdoor kitchen to cook and entertain in.
I use a small portable propane bbq and it would make clean up and prep so much more easier if I had a counter and a simple little sink. Plus I'd be contributing to the upswing of the economy ! ( more work for the guys, more shopping for food and drink for my friends and more good times locally )

Desert D.
There's no place like home !

Stone Art,
I think that weather plays an important role in how folks utilize and invest in their spaces.
Here in N.Cal we have the weather for this type of living .
I am assuming that Ireland ( I've never been ) has all those fantastic pubs to enjoy due to the cool misty weather.

Stone Art's Blog said...

Yes this is true, at least we have that:)

Mary C. said...

omg I saw that first backyard photo in a magazine a few months ago! And I really like the use of the trellis screens along the cooking area!

Delphine said...

The same for me !! i would cook in my outdoor kitchen once a year because of the weather here.... :-)