Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Pina Colada Garden gets a visit.

The Pina Colada had a couple of really nice visitors today.
In anticipation of their arrival a few tastey treats were set out for all to enjoy.

I was particularly giddy with delight to use the antique Fiestaware ‘berrybowls’ that I had just received from Patrick .
Aren’t they stunning. I just Love them !

From Pina Colada


The centerpiece is a 4 inch pot of Campanula surrounded by mini oranges. Cute !

It’s almost impossible to see in this photo but there is a simple metal chandelier above the table festooned with tillandsias.
From Pina Colada


From Pina Colada


A day bed to take a nap on.
From Pina Colada


And another small sitting area to rest in
From Pina Colada


Not much resting or napping done today. The visitors who came today were checking out the garden for a potential upcoming article for a magazine.
I hope the garden makes the cut.

8 comments:

Christine said...

I don't see how it won't make the cut! It looks absolutely divine! You've tricked me into thinking it was actually warm enough today to take a nap on your daybed!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

If it doesn't make the cut....they are plum nuts. Period.

danger garden said...

Well of course you're in! How could it be otherwise? Still I understand the hesitation, it's only natural. Can't wait to see the Pina Colada Garden in print. Are you able to share what publication it is?

Deviant Deziner, aka Michelle said...

Christine,
Yeah, it sure was chilly yesterday unlike the last few days of 70 degree weather. - definitely no napping.

Linda,
You just never know. I read recently that you had BH+G at your place doing a shoot. In my experience they are the worse as far as taking your time, doing a shoot and then not running the story.
I don't even return their phone calls when they come a calling. 3 times and your out.

danger/ lorre - It was Martha's magazine.

Phrago said...

You said it was the prelim shoot. Does that mean they come bacck again to take more photos fo the mag if you make the cut? You Verenda sure looks inviting. And that's really nice looking teak furniture. Did you get that in Bali? Patrick

Kerry said...

Michelle, I can't wait to see it in print, it looks divine. It looks like a garden I would just love to spend many hours in, exploring all the fabulous hidden treasures.

Deviant Deziner, aka Michelle said...

Hey Patrick,
It was a 'scouting' visit.
So if the garden makes the cut they will come back out and shoot the garden with a professional photographer during the summer months.

The teak furniture comes from my favorite little importer here in Berkeley, The Wooden Duck.

Kerry, thanks for the feedback, glad you feel that the space looks comfy. I try to get that feeling going.

Lisa said...

Cute Cute Cute!

I've been nosing around your blog. It's really lovely.