Sunday, January 22, 2012

So far it is bits and pieces and a couple of design concepts

I was invited to install a small 4x8 garden space at the 2012 San Francisco Garden show that will be open to the public in late March at the San Mateo Event Center.

At this time I am exploring a variety of design concepts , doing cost analysis studies , gathering found objects and puttering in the studio and greenhouse.

I’ve narrowed it down to 2 options and I’’m leaning toward # 2 because it has a simple overhead arbor and judging from past shows, the lighting is lacking in design so I will need to design my own lighting system.

option 1 - probably not
From 2012 garden show


option 2 - potentially yes.
From 2012 garden show



The space is small 4x8 .
Color , texture and visual impact is paramount.
the background color :
From 2012 garden show



A little sculptural interest
From 2012 garden show

From 2012 garden show


Horticulturally I will be emphasizing Bromeliads adaptable for the Bay Area, succulents and orchids.
A small vertical window of bromeliads , orchids and perhaps a nepenthe will be set into the back wall.

From 2012 garden show


From 2012 garden show


From 2012 garden show


From 2012 garden show


So many plant choices !
Inside the greenhouse
From 2012 garden show

5 comments:

Kaveh Maguire said...

I'm definitely going to get up to the SF garden show this year so I'll be sure to look for it.

Phrago said...

I look forward to your progress with this design. Your exhibits are always so inspiring. Let me know if there is anything I can help you find...

danger garden said...

I love #2, and wish I were going to the show so I could see it in person. Please promise to post pictures!

Matti said...

Dang, that design is slick. I will keep an eye out for it....I really want to get to the show this year. Go Buddha. Matti

Mark and Gaz said...

Good luck with the show, looking forward to seeing the finished photos!